Most Advanced Ovarian Cancer Care and Treatment in India
Best Cancer Hospitals of India for Advanced Ovarian Cancer Treatment
MedGinnie offers comprehensive care for patients with Ovarian Cancer, including advanced diagnosis, best treatment options . A team of Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists and other medical specialties work together to treat each Ovarian Cancer patient We consider each patient’s type and extent of Ovarian Cancer to recommend the most appropriate treatment plan. They also carefully consider and select the treatment option that will allow the patient to maintain quality of life with good survival rate.
Indian hospitals offer the best cancer treatment at affordable prices. MedGinnie associated hospitals have the latest technology and infrastructure to offer the most advanced cancer treatment at low cost.
MedGinnie Affiliated Cancer Hospitals deliver highest quality and advanced oncology care in a supportive and compassionate environment to all our patients.
MedGinnie Affiliated Best Cancer Hospitals in India offer:
Ovarian Cancer Treatment at World’s Best Cancer Hospitals in India
Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the ovaries. Women have two ovaries, one on each side of the uterus. The ovaries – each about the size of an almond – produce eggs (ova) as well as the hormones estrogen, progesterone. Ovarian cancer often goes undetected until it has spread within the pelvis and abdomen. At this late stage, ovarian cancer is difficult to treat and is often fatal. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the ovaries. Women have two ovaries, one on each side of the uterus. The ovaries — each about the size of an almond — produce eggs (ova) as well as the hormones estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Ovarian cancer often goes undetected until it has spread within the pelvis and abdomen. At this late stage, ovarian cancer is difficult to treat and is often fatal.
Symptoms of ovarian cancer are not specific to the disease, and they often mimic those of many other more-common conditions, including digestive and bladder problems. When ovarian cancer symptoms are present, they tend to be persistent and worsen with time.
Signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer may include:
- Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating
- Pelvic discomfort or pain
- Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
- Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
- Changes in bladder habits, including a frequent need to urinate
- Loss of appetite or quickly feeling full
- Increased abdominal girth or clothes fitting tighter around your waist
- A persistent lack of energy
Diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer
Treatment options for Ovarian Cancer at Best Cancer Hospitals in India
- Surgery : Three types of surgeries are involved in treating ovarian cancer such as :–
- Laparoscopy : Gynaeoncologist perform laparotomy through a large abdominal incision, most often removing your ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, nearby lymph glands, a fold of fatty tissue called the omentum and as much of the tumor as possible
- Frozen Section Tissue Analysis : The rapid analysis of the tissue is done under a microscope. The nature of the tumor is determined as whether it is cancerous or non-cancerous that also helps surgeons to perform a suitable procedure during the first surgery.
- Laparotomy : This procedure is used by making a large abdominal incision. This incision is done for removing uterus, ovaries, Fallopian tubes surrounding lymph glands, omentum (a fold of fatty tissue) and tumor. Cytoreductive or debulking surgery is another name for this surgery.
- Chemotherapy : After surgery, you’ll most likely be treated with chemotherapy — drugs designed to kill any remaining cancer cells. Chemotherapy may also be used as the initial treatment in some women with advanced ovarian cancer. Chemotherapy drugs can be administered in a vein (intravenously) or injected directly into the abdominal cavity, or both methods of administering the drugs can be used. Chemotherapy drugs can be given alone or in combination.
- Radiotherapy : This therapy makes use of high-energy beams for destroying cancer cells. This therapy helps in eliminating cancer that may be encompassed inside a radiation field. This therapy can be either internally or externally delivered. Internal radiation (Brachytherapy) is delivered by implanting a small amount of radioactive material surrounding the cancer. High-energy rays are delivered in external radiation that is directed to the tumor site through a machine outside the body.
Latest and Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery for Ovarian Cancer in India
Indian Hospitals gives women with ovarian cancer access to the latest in cancer treatment. For example, Indian surgeons use fertility-sparing surgery, minimally and robotic surgery in select cases, when app minimally invasive surgery — also called laparoscopic surgery — for several conditions. In minimally invasive procedures, your doctor makes one or more incisions, each about a half-inch long, to insert a tube. The number of incisions depends on the type of surgery. The tube or tubes let the doctor slip in tiny video cameras and specially designed surgical instruments to perform the procedure.
When you have minimally invasive surgery, you’re likely to lose less blood and have less postoperative pain, fewer and smaller scars, and a faster recovery than you would after open surgery. Depending on your condition, you may need only a short hospital stay. For some conditions, your doctor may recommend robotic surgery. That technology gives your doctor great precision, flexibility and control by providing a magnified, 3-D view of the surgical site.