Most Advanced Brain Cancer Care and Treatment in India
Best Cancer Hospitals of India for Advanced Brain Cancer Treatment
MedGinnie offers comprehensive care for patients with Brain Tumor, including advanced diagnosis, best treatment options . A team of Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists and other medical specialties work together to treat each Brain Tumor patient We consider each patient’s type and extent of Brain Tumor to recommend the most appropriate treatment plan. They also carefully consider and select the treatment option that will allow the patient to maintain quality of life with good survival rate.
Indian hospitals offer the best cancer treatment at affordable prices. MedGinnie associated hospitals have the latest technology and infrastructure to offer the most advanced cancer treatment at low cost.
MedGinnie Affiliated Cancer Hospitals deliver highest quality and advanced oncology care in a supportive and compassionate environment to all our patients.
MedGinnie Affiliated Best Cancer Hospitals in India offer:
Treatment options for Brain Tumor at World’s Best Cancer Hospitals in India
A brain tumor is an abnormal growth of cells within the brain or the central spinal canal. Brain tumors can crop up from the brain cells, the membranes around the brain (known as meninges), nerves, or glands. These damage produce inflammation and places pressure within the skull and compresses the brain tissues. All such tumours are intrinsically serious and life-threatening because of its insidious and infiltrative character in the intracranial cavity.The sites of the tumour, the type of tissues involved are certain factors used to classify Brain tumors. They cab be cancerous or non-cancerous. Different types of brain tumors include:
- Pituitary tumors
- Pineal gland tumors
- Lymphoma of the brain
- Prime germ cell tumors of the brain
A brain tumor diagnosis usually involves several steps, which can include a neurological examination, brain scan(s) and/or a biopsy. A neurological examination is a series of tests to measure the function of the patient’s nervous system and physical and mental alertness. The doctor also examines the eyes to look for swelling caused by a tumor pressing on the nerve that connects the eye and brain.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) : is a scanning device that uses magnetic fields and computers to capture images of the brain on film. The MRI detects signals emitted from normal and abnormal tissue, providing clear images of most tumors.
- CT Scan (Computed Tomography) : combines sophisticated x-ray and computer technology. CT can show a combination of soft tissue, bone, and blood vessels. CT images can determine some types of tumors, as well as help detect swelling, bleeding, and bone and tissue calcification.
- PET SCAN : The PET scan measures the brains activity and sends this information to a computer, which creates a live image. Doctors use PET scans to see the difference between scar tissue, recurring tumor cells, and necrosis (cells destroyed by radiation treatment).
- Biopsy : The removal of tissue to look for tumor cells is called a biopsy. A pathologist looks at the cells under a microscope to check for abnormal cells. A biopsy can show cancer, tissue changes that may lead to cancer, and other conditions. A biopsy is the only sure way to diagnose a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor Treatment at World’s Best Cancer Hospitals in India
- Surgery : Surgery is often the first treatment if the tumour can be removed without causing harm to the surrounding brain tissue. Treatment of brain cancer is usually complex. Most treatment plans involve several consulting doctors.The team of doctors includes neurosurgeons (surgical specialists in the brain and nervous system), oncologists, radiation oncologists (doctors who practice radiation therapy), and of course, your primary health-care provider. A patient’s team may include a dietitian, a social worker, a physical therapist, and probably other specialists.
- Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy is not used to treat all brain tumours. It may be used for people with high-grade primary brain tumours, either as an initial treatment alongside radiotherapy, or where the tumour has come back. In this situation, chemotherapy is unlikely to be able to cure a brain tumour, but it can sometimes shrink a tumour down or slow its growth, which can reduce symptoms.
- Radiation therapy : Radiation therapy (also called radiotherapy) is the use of high-energy rays to kills tumor cells, thereby stopping them from growing and multiplying.Radiation therapy may be used for people who cannot undergo surgery. In other cases, it is used after surgery to kill any tumor calls that may remain. Radiation therapy is a local therapy. This means that it affects only cells in its path. It does not harm cells elsewhere in the body or even elsewhere in the brain.
Latest and Advanced Treatment options for Brain Tumor in India
Brain Tumor is no more a scary health condition as modern technology and advanced surgical modalities now offer near perfect clinical outcomes and the patients can soon return to normal life after surgery.